Monday, May 24, 2010

Let’s grow Lemongrass!!

Do you Know Lemongrass?

In Thailand we call lemongrass as “Takrai”. Takrai is aromatic herb also used in many types of Thai cooking and medicinal purposes. We usually plant them around house. Last week my mother in law picked the freshly lemongrass, so I ask some to grow.



At first I soaked them into water and left for 2 nights to root. In evening of 3rd Day I dug 4 holes, width 30 length 30 depth 20 Centimeters. I put cow's dung for a half of hole to fertilize. Then put 3 stalks lemongrass per holes and covered with soil. End the process by watering, and they need twice watering a day for first 2weeks after that twice a month. From now till harvest they need only sunshine and water.



Next 6 months this lemongrass will ready to harvest, I will pick all of them up. Not take for use only, but some of them will grow again.


No comments:

Post a Comment